Station 1 is located at 3701 N. 6th Street in uptown Harrisburg. Built in 19XX, it was purchases by our founding members in 1950 and has been the cornerstone of the Rescue Fire Company ever since. It currently houses Engine 37-1, Tanker, 37, Special Unit 37, Utility 37, and complement of water rescue craft. Station 1 was originally built with 2 main bays, but in 19XX a third bay was added to accommodate larger apparatus of the time.
Station 1 has a 1,000 sq. ft. conference hall that member’s use for company meetings and events. This hall can also be rented for community functions. In addition, the station has a full commercial kitchen, watch office, engineer’s workshop, day room, and living quarters.
In 2011, the top floor of Station 1 was renovated to accommodate live-in members. The area was completely gutted and now includes a living area, dining area, kitchen, bathroom, and two bunk rooms capable of sleeping 4. In addition, the first floor was redesigned to include a larger workshop, watch office, and administration office. This renovation was made possible by donations from the community.